Any time I mention the words avocado and chocolate in the same sentence, people turn their noses up. But TRUST ME, it's DEF worth a try! The avocado adds the most decadent smooth and creamy flavour, plus you barely taste the avo!
If you're a boho-chickita with a sweet tooth, this ridiculously easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse is for you babaaay! Super simple, guilt free AND cruelty free - and yes, it tastes like CHOCOLATE!
- 1 large ripe avocado.
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk.
- 2 tsp stevia (or other natural sweetener)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract.
- Optional extras: toasted sliced almonds, chia seeds, mint, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, cocoa nibs, coconut oil, coconut shavings or nuts
- Blend or Purée the avocado until smooth.
- Mix the cocoa powder and milk together until combined and add to the avocado.
- Stir in the stevia, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients you have decided to use (toasted almonds add a lovely crunch, and frozen berries give the mousse a great fruity twang!) and mix well.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat. (If you're as desperate as we often are after a healthy dinner, 20-30 minutes is all the patience you need)
Share this with a fellow chocoholic!