Whether you are a seasoned festival goer, or a newbie, there are always a few essentials you need to think about when heading to outdoor festivals, especially if the venues are remote! Let's face it, festivals are WAY more fun when you are prepared and comfortable!
Here's our top can't-go-without list (with some sub-lists because we love lists)
1. The Essentials
- Festival Ticket - can't do much without that!
- Money - ATM's are not always available
- Drivers license if you are driving / or you look 15
- GPS / Directions
2. Camping List
- Tent - keep it simple but make sure you have space for your bags!
- Sleeping bag + pillow for a comfy rest
- Mattress / Matt / Airbed for an extra comfy rest
- Torch & Solar campsite light- being in remote places make for dark campsites!
- Gazebo / Shade system if you have one
- Earplugs - for the dancefloor, and some for bed so you can actually rest
- Something to sit on - our Mandala Throws are PERFECT and save space!
- Cooler box to keep them G&T's nice cold!
- Cooking? Take a pan, gas stove (if allowed), cutlery, tin opener, paper plates, serviettes, sauces, tupperware, lighter & bin bags to leave no trace!
- Medic kit - even if it's just a basic kit, you or a friend might need something if there aren't medics around, a simple headache can ruin your entire party experience!
- Duct tape & cable ties - trust me, just take them!
- Toilet paper (just in case)
- Mozi repellent - cos those earplugs don't solve bug problems!
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes - ALWAYS come in handy!
- Campsite decor / lighting is always a nice added touch!
3. Sunshine & Swimming
- Sun protection - Hat / Umbrella, Sunglasses, Zambuk & Sunscreen
- Swimming Accessories - Costume, Towel, Water toys
- Something warm for those surprise freak weather festies
- Something rainproof just in case you get showered on (as much as we love to dance in the rain, its not all that practical when the wind starts blowing)
- Dancing shoes - unless you know the venue, always take shoes! As much as we love to hippie out, you can't exactly get your groove on with a thorn in your everlasting soles! Night time can also get sketchy, so save your toes at night and pack some closed shoes.
- Your favorite party pants / outfits of clothing that make you feel dashing
5. Party Accessories
- Steel Water Canister - staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do when partying in the sunshine for a few days! (Can also double up as drink canister) - avoid taking glass!
- Party toys - hulla hoops, fire toys, drums or whatever floots your groove
Beyond all the lists and essentials you could take to make your festival experience comfortable, the most important thing you can take is an open mind, positive vibe and no expectations. Go with the flow, talk to strangers and lose yourself in the music!
Have we missed something? What is always on your essentials list?